Is your kitchen sink emitting a foul odor? Does your water pressure seem low? Have you noticed a sudden spike in your water bill?
These are just several signs that your home might require plumbing maintenance. Maintenance is crucial to lengthening the life of your plumbing system and making sure everything runs smoothly in your home.
At Conejo Valley HA Plumbing, we offer competitive pricing, quick turnaround times, and honest and reliable services. Whether you need a thorough cleaning or a regular maintenance check, give us a call and see why our technicians are residential maintenance plumbers Conejo Valley locals trust.
Why is Regular Plumbing Maintenance Important?
Did you know that one leaking faucet can add an excess of $20 per month to your water bill? Plumbing preventative maintenance is essential for this very reason. It can help you save money by discovering potential problems and fixing them as soon as possible. After all, the longer you ignore minor leaks, drips, and clogs, the worse they’ll get. Eventually, you might have to deal with high water bills, or a full-on plumbing disaster.
If you live in Conejo Valley or the greater Ventura County area and are interested in scheduling routine maintenance inspection, call Conejo Valley HA Plumbing at (805) 499-0448. We charge by the job – not by the hour.
Benefits of Professional Plumbing Maintenance
1. Better Water PressureLow water pressure can significantly affect the quality of living in your home. With low water pressure, simple tasks such as showering, doing laundry, and washing dishes will become more laborious and frustrating tasks that nobody enjoys. Instead of fixing low water pressure when it happens, how about avoiding it altogether?
2. Healthier FamilyDid you know that the state of your plumbing system can affect the air quality in your home? Cracked pipes, water pressure issues, and valve problems are usually the major causes of water leaks. These water leaks, when left unattended, provide a suitable breeding ground for mold, mildew, and bacteria. Water leaks also attract pests such as cockroaches, whose allergens trigger asthma and allergies to some people. Not only that, early exposure to cockroach allergen might cause asthma to develop in preschool-aged children.
3. Less Chance of Emergency RepairImagine a burst pipe in the middle of the night? Or a lack of hot water in the middle of the night? Schedule regular maintenance services for your plumbing system as it will help you avoid the frustrations of costly emergency plumbing repairs.
4. Save Money on UtilitiesOne major perk of having your home’s plumbing system in perfect working order is that your home produces less waste in general, which means lower utility bills. You will also be doing the earth a favor.
5. Increased Home ValuePerforming regular maintenance on your plumbing will pay off should you decide to sell your house in the future.
6. Preserves Your PipesDrain cleaning enables you to clear the debris that would otherwise eat away at your pipes. Removing this debris is a great way to prolong the life of your pipes.
7. Delays ReplacementsInstead of doing expensive repairs each time a plumbing component in your home fails, you can schedule regular inspection and maintenance and keep everything in good condition for a long time Plumbing maintenance is a cost-effective solution for your home, as the cost of routine maintenance is small compared to replacing a plumbing asset. Prevention is better than cure, and we both know that you would rather avoid the hassle of calling an emergency plumber in Conejo Valley, CA. Schedule a regular plumbing maintenance service from Conejo Valley HA Plumbing. You tell us when to show up, and our friendly and knowledgeable plumbers will be right there to perform your plumbing inspection and maintenance.
Preventative Plumbing Maintenance Tips
Preventative plumbing maintenance refers to any scheduled plumbing maintenance work whose aim is to extend the lifespan of a property’s plumbing assets. Doing this allows the homeowner to identify minor issues before they become a costly affair. Residential and commercial buildings may avoid many of the plumbing repair problems that they face this way.
Here are our top 12 plumbing maintenance tips to keep the plumbing in your home in excellent condition and save you money:
1. Create a Maintenance ScheduleSo, how do you create a preventive maintenance schedule? The first step in creating an effective maintenance plan is ensuring that you are clear on what exactly you need to do, how often you do it, and the tools that will be required.
2. Check Appliances for Water LeaksLook around your water heater, refrigerator, washing machine, dishwasher, and HVAC unit for signs of a water leak. While at it, check your appliance hoses for cracks that could lead to leakages. Don’t wait until your laundry room or kitchen floods to take action.
3. Fix Leaking Taps and ShowerheadsDid you know that a drip of water every two seconds from a leaking faucet wastes over 3,000 gallons of water in a year? Check the faucets and showerheads and fix any leaks before they turn into a significant problem.
4. Clean the ShowerheadWe often get calls from homeowners who complain about low water pressure in the shower, and most cases turn out to be mineral deposits on the showerhead. These sediments block the holes of your showerhead, which puts a strain on your water heater. Cleaning your water heater with vinegar and baking soda is pretty simple and very effective.
5. Fix Clogged DrainsVinegar and baking soda are also very effective when it comes to unclogging drains in your house. Make it a habit to pour vinegar and baking soda down your kitchen drain once a month or when the water is backing up and bubbling. Don’t hesitate to call a plumber for a routine maintenance check if a clog gets out of hand.
6. Only Flush What Can Be FlushedFlushing hair, grease, and plastics down the drain is a bad idea. While this might seem obvious, it isn’t. Flushing down products that aren’t flushable is the leading cause of toilet clogs. To be on the safe side, only flush your bodily business and toilet paper and nothing else (even if labeled flushable). If you have younger children, several measures you can put in place to discourage your kids from clogging your toilet include:
- Show them how much toilet paper they should use
- Remind them that toys don’t belong in the bathroom
- Invest in good a toilet seat lock
7. Fix Running ToiletsStill, on toilets, what are you supposed to do when you have a leaking toilet? First of all, check if the handle or tank stopper is the cause of the problem. If it’s not, and your toilet is gurgling, the seal around your toilet’s valve seat is probably faulty. The seal decays over time because of mineral deposits, and installing a new rubber flapper may fix the problem.
8. Check Your Water PressureWater pressure is essentially how much force is coming out of your showerheads and faucets. While low water pressure isn’t ideal, high water pressure isn’t either, as it puts a strain on your faucets and pipes, which could result in a burst. By adding a pressure regulator, you will maintain your water pressure at a safe level.
9. Pipe InsulationDo you live in a colder area and experience fluctuating water pressure in the winter? The culprit is probably frozen pipes. Insulation prevents water from freezing in your pipes, which might lead to a pipe burst.
10. Inspect Your Sewer DrainsYes, it would help if you had a maintenance schedule for your sewer pipes too. Ensure that your sewer pipes are checked every six months for blockages and tree roots. Our plumbers at Conejo Valley HA Plumbing should snake the drain and remove any blockages before they can cause any damage.
11. Clean Your Water HeaterYou should completely drain your water heater to remove sediment semi-annually to keep it running for a long time. Over time sediment accumulates in your water heater, making it less effective.
12. Repair Plumbing Issues ImmediatelyWhen it comes to plumbing, always fix the problem while it’s still tiny. Sometimes, you may need a repair after checking your plumbing fixtures to keep them maintained. While some of these repairs are do-it-yourself, others may call for more expertise. If you are looking for Conejo Valley plumbers you can trust, Conejo Valley HA Plumbing is here for you.
Plumbing Maintenance Checklist
Do you need help with creating a plumbing maintenance schedule for your home? As experts in the plumbing industry, it is our job to help you save money by discovering potential problems before they erupt into costly emergencies.
When you request a plumbing maintenance program from Conejo Valley HA Plumbing, our team will start by assessing all the existing plumbing assets onsite. After understanding the current state of your plumbing assets, we’ll come up with the best solution to prolong the life of the said assets.
Below is the complete maintenance checklist that Conejo Valley HA Plumbing recommends for inspecting your household’s plumbing system:
FaucetsPay most attention to the sink, tub, and shower faucets. Clean your faucet aerators and replace bad washers or cartridges to fix leaking faucets.
DrainsCheck the drains for hair, food, toilet paper, grease, and other foreign objects.
ToiletsCheck the toilets to ensure they flush correctly, and they aren’t leaking.
Caulk SeatsWhile the caulk isn’t necessarily ‘plumbing,’ its failure might result in a leak that may cause rotting underneath your tiles.
What’s the most common plumbing repair? You guessed it right; it’s a leaky kitchen faucet. Repair or replace a leaking kitchen faucet as soon as possible.
Carefully observe the strainer area and the P-trap as water drains out. Watch out for leaks and clogs.
Ensure that all shutoff valves are correctly functioning.
Confirm that the connections are snug and the gaskets aren’t leaking.
If a refrigerator has a water dispenser and icemaker, ensure that the water filter isn’t clogged.
Sewer and Septic Maintenance
Have your sewer system inspected regularly. If you have a sewer tank, have it pumped when full.
Once a year, have a professional sewer plumber run a snake line to clear tree roots in the sewer line.
Inspect the sewer vent pipes for debris or snow and ice
Plumbing Fixtures Around the House
Thoroughly flush your water heater at least once a year and ensure that the temperature and pressure relief valve isn’t causing a leak.
Observe the water hoses for wear and tear. Replace the hoses if you spot bulges.
Test the Water Pressure
Using a water pressure gauge, ensure that your water pressure is somewhere between 40 and 65 psi.
Ensure that all spray heads are operating correctly.
Remember to check the exterior faucets for leaks and cracks as well.
Avoid Plumbing Issues with Plumbing Maintenance Specialists
Conejo Valley HA Plumbing provides plumbing and maintenance services for your home or business in Conejo Valley, San Fernando Valley, and surrounding areas. We are a professional plumbing company that offers a wide variety of services ranging from routine maintenance to emergency repairs.
We didn’t become the most trusted plumbing contractor in Conejo Valley overnight. We have served the residents of Ventura County for over 40 years, following four simple principles: Consistency, Honesty, Professionalism, and Reputation – the main reasons for our success. Call us today at (805) 499-0448.
Our innovative solution
Why choose conejo Valley Plumbing & Rooter?
Why Choose Our
Plumbing & Rooter Services?
free estimatesSchedule a free estimate of your home’s plumbing system to spot or identify leaks, cracks, and hidden issues.
24/7 emergency serviceWe stay connected to our clients 24/7. We value your time and offer help no matter when or where you need it.
Licensed, Insured, BondedWe are a team of bonded, insured, and certified contractors to protect you from unforeseen damages and costs.
Need a Plumbing Service?
To get in touch with us fill out our contact form below.
or call our team at (805) 499-0448 today!